Our client needed an assessment of the market opportunity for a novel anemia therapy in order to facilitate discussions with potential partners.
We conducted the assessment in two stages.
- Targeted secondary research
We profiled the market to inform primary research, which included reviewing:
- clinical guidelines in the US and EU5
- trends in actual clinical practice, especially where differing from guidelines
- pricing of comparator products across US and EU5
- Health Technology Assessment evaluations by bodies including the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) in the UK, the Transparency Commission (TC) in France and the Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Healthcare (IQWiG) in Germany, to provide an understanding of how our client’s future dataset might be evaluated
- Primary research with European and US payers
Using physician feedback, we conducted primary research with relevant payers to explore:
- to what extent anemia was an issue of concern for payers
- what the budget impact of the novel product would be
- perceived differentiation for the client’s asset
- open and closed pricing analysis
- likely market access hurdles and formulary restrictions at different price points