A pharma company that specializes in discovering and developing antibiotics asked us to help expand the search for a development partner in some of its drug candidates.
Although originally funded by big pharma, the client had to look elsewhere for funding to complete preclinical development, IND enablement and a Phase I clinical study. We were asked to provide general business development support with the primary goal of securing an out-licensing partnership for the client’s lead candidate drug, as well as other promising programs.
There was considerable concern over emerging antibiotic-resistant strains resulting in increased industry allocation of R&D funds to novel antibiotics development. The client’s lead drug had broad activity across a range of important gram negative bacteria, low toxicity to human cells and a novel mechanism of action.
- helped refine and optimize PowerPoint Presentations to ensure maximum impact and traction with partners
- identified potential partners and key company individuals to contact
- approached prospective partners
- revived any existing opportunities where the client had been unable to gain traction, particularly those for existing Alacrita clients
- attended partnering and scientific conferences to solicit partnering interest (e.g. ICAAC, Biopharm America, Therapeutic Area Partnerships and Biotech Showcase)
- presented to potential partners