Rob is a business development consultant and manages the firm’s US office. He has a strong interest in oncology — particularly immune-oncology — as well as AAV gene therapy.
Previously, Rob was Head of Business Development at Onyvax, a biotechnology company specializing in the development of cancer immunotherapies.
Recent projects he has conducted or directed include:
- Ongoing engagement to source new opportunities and deal-flow from Massachusetts for a big pharma company. Priority areas of interest are immune-oncology, oncology, immunoscience, cardiovascular, fibrosis and genetically defined diseases
- Ongoing relationship with Debiopharm International, a well-capitalized Swiss pharma company, where Rob is responsible for the identification of in-licensing opportunities in oncology and anti-bacterial therapies
- Cancer immunotherapy strategy for a Fortune 500 corporation
- Due diligence and valuation on several early oncology assets
- Out-licensing support for a drug discovery company developing a novel cancer metabolism inhibitor and a first-in-class metabolic disease inhibitor
- Partnering and business development support to a biotech company developing a first-in-class small molecule in Phase I/II clinical trials
- Partnering and business development support to a drug discovery company with a portfolio of novel small molecules designed to treat diabetes, HIV and cancer metabolism
- Partnering and business development support to a drug discovery company engaged in negotiations with a pharma company about an alliance in diabetes.
- Out-licensing support for a novel antibacterial product active against gram negatives
- Partnering support for an academic group developing a new AAV gene therapy platform
- Company valuation for a drug discovery company with several pharma partnerships
- In-licensing support and due diligence for a North American company searching for early stage oncology assets
- For an established cancer vaccines company looking to spin out an adoptive T-cell therapy company, contributed to the new business plan and built a valuation model for the new company. Provided critical review of numerous drafts of the business plan and asked by the client to write the commercialization and pricing sections of the business plan. The Client went on to raise a $50m Series A.
- Developed rNPV valuations for three different programs, incorporating Monte Carlo simulations into the financial model to account for real-world uncertainty
- Biologics strategy for an established US biotech company
- Valuation of an oncology drug to support a royalty monetization transaction
- Valuation model, incorporating Monte Carlo simulation, of an early stage oncology therapy to support a license negotiation with big pharma
- Licensing of a technology platform from a university into a new start-up
- Literature review and KOL interviews to develop clinical strategy for a novel oncology drug
- Business plan and investor presentation to support a Series B financing for a European oncology company
- Valuation of an early-stage, oncology-directed drug discovery alliance