Our client, a research incubator, accelerator and seed funder within the biotechnology and life science arena, runs two programs in which companies/projects are selected through open competitive calls. After a review and shortlisting of applications, our client was looking to commission an external due diligence before confirming project selection.
Alacrita conducts approximately 8-10 due diligence reviews per year for the client using a standardized format which is adapted to each technology and development stage for each program as necessary. Our internal team is supplemented by selected members of our Expert Network for each due diligence review.
We conduct a technical and commercial analysis of each project which included assessments of:
- the scientific rational and preclinical proof-of-concept datasets
- current preclinical development stage
- manufacturing/CMC plans
- clinical development strategy
- competitive position vs. current and pipeline products
- market potential
- recommendations for key experiments to enhance the dataset or to mitigate risk.